How do I start at The Pit Vegas?
There are several ways to begin your training. It all depends on several factors: your fitness level, experience, what exactly you want to get out of training, etc etc. See below for a number of options and choose what’s best for you!
1. Fill out a digital waiver HERE before attending class. All those under 18 must have a legal guardian sign.
2. If you’re already in good shape and/or have martial arts experience, then you can try 1 class for free.
- Adults/teens can try CrossPit or Pit Yoga
- Kids ages 3-6 can try a Pit Pee Wee class
- Kids ages 7-9 can try a Pit Kids B class
- Kids ages 10-14 can try a Pit Kids A class
- Hawaiian Kempo/Pit Jitsu is allowed AFTER trying CrossPit first; talk to your Pit Instructor to discuss further
Must contact us and RSVP a class time prior to attending. No unannounced drop ins accepted.
3. If you want personal attention you can sign up for Private Lessons with a Pit Vegas instructor.
4.Please fill out the appropriate questionnaire below:
5. Upon completion, A Pit Vegas staff member will be in touch with you to set up your first class!
If you want to jump into it and save a ton of cash, check out our Online 6 Week Special!
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to fight! Do you have a fight team?
No, not officially. We are not a “fight gym.” We have several students who compete (grappling, amateur MMA fights, etc) but they are special cases. If you want to pursue a career in fighting then click HERE and best of luck!
Is Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell there?
No, he’s in California…enjoying the sun and mild weather, probably drinking an iced tea.
Does John “The Pit Master” Hackleman teach there?
Not regularly and when he is in town he may teach a few classes depending on his schedule.
I want to roll! Do you guys teach jiu jitsu?
We are not a brazilian jiu jitsu school, though we do train No-Gi grappling in our Hawaiian Kempo and Pit Jitsu class. If you are looking for gi jiu jitsu or to become a high level jiu jitsu player and win IBJJF, NAGA, etc…click here, but if you’re interested in rolling with us, start with CrossPit then chat with your instructor to be invited to Hawaiian Kempo and/or Pit Jitsu.
What is CrossPIT and is it like Crossfit?
Simply, CrossPIT is very similar to crossfit except:
- No traditional olympic lifting
- Less emphasis on the competitive aspect of workouts
- Striking heavy bags in longer periods of cardio
We actually share the gym with our partners Sin City Crossfit, though we’re two totally separate businesses. Check them out if you want to get in a great crossfit workout!
Do I need to get in shape first to workout?
No! Jump right into a CrossPit class and if the only thing you can do is the warm up, that’s fine. You need to start somewhere! If you are really hesitant then we offer private lessons as well.