How do I start at The Pit Vegas?
1. Fill out your MindBody profile & digital waiver before attending class. All those under 18 must have a legal guardian create a profile and sign the waiver.
2. You can try one CrossPIT class for $10. No trials for Hawaiian Kempo, Pit Jitsu, or Sparring. ALL students begin with CrossPIT.
3. CrossPIT / Pit Kids / Pit Pee Wee can try one 30 minute Private Lesson and one CrossPIT / Pit Kids / Pit Pee Wee class afterwards for $20. You will be contacted to confirm scheduling of your Private Lesson.
4. Normal rates vary and will be discussed AFTER your trial classes. We do not offer punch cards or pay per class rates.
5. Click below to set up your Mindbody profile and purchase your $10, $20, or other Special!
Frequently Asked Questions
I want to fight! Do you have a fight team?
No, not officially. We are not a “fight gym.” We have several students who compete (grappling, amateur MMA fights, etc) but they are special cases. If you want to pursue a career in fighting then click HERE and best of luck!
Is Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell there?
No, he’s in California…enjoying the sun and mild weather, probably drinking an iced tea.
Does John “The Pit Master” Hackleman teach there?
Not regularly and when he is in town he may teach a few classes depending on his schedule.
I want to roll! Do you guys teach jiu jitsu?
We are not a brazilian jiu jitsu school, though we do train No-Gi grappling in our Hawaiian Kempo and Pit Jitsu class. If you are looking for gi jiu jitsu or to become a high level jiu jitsu player and win IBJJF, NAGA, etc…click here, but if you’re interested in rolling with us, start with CrossPit then chat with your instructor to be invited to Hawaiian Kempo and/or Pit Jitsu.
What is CrossPIT and is it like Crossfit?
Simply, CrossPIT is very similar to crossfit except:
- No traditional olympic lifting
- Less emphasis on the competitive aspect of workouts
- Striking heavy bags in longer periods of cardio
We actually share the gym with our partners Sin City Crossfit, though we’re two totally separate businesses. Check them out if you want to get in a great crossfit workout!
Do I need to get in shape first to workout?
No! Jump right into a CrossPit class and if the only thing you can do is the warm up, that’s fine. You need to start somewhere! If you are really hesitant then we offer private lessons as well.